Monday, August 20, 2012

Big Photo Template

Hey there! Cathy here, it's been a long time since I had a template to share with you. I created one that I'm sure you'll find plenty of use for.

While working on pages from a recent trip that my family took, I wanted to make a page about the room that we stayed in.  It had an amazing view.  Not that we spent a lot of time in the room, but it certainly was nice to enjoy the sights and sounds of the ocean at the beginning and end of our fun filled days. The view from the room was so spectacular in all directions, that I created a panoramic photo from a series of 4 photos. I wanted to include that on the page. That was one of the driving forces behind this template design.


I made the big photo spot at the top. But since I like to include multiple photos on a page, I also included room for 3 more photos below. I also wanted to include some design elements found at the resort. We were staying at Aulani, in Ko 'Olina Hawaii. Plants and flowers surround you. Designs at the resort have both linear and flowing lines. So I used some curves as well as sharp angles in my design and of course included room for flowers and foliage.


I used a combination of digital kits and elements from different designers to create this page. For a list of credits click here.

If you would like a copy of this template that I created in Photoshop, click either of the links below. I have shared the template as both a .psd and .tif file.
4shared: SCD_Template_20


5 comments:

  1. Love the panaromic pic on top. What an unique layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! I love the use of the panoramic photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the kind of page design I like! Thank you! Your layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. Love the template, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you - love the template and your layout!

    ReplyDelete