Friday, June 22, 2012

Creating a Layout with Mini Album

Hi it's Lesley here. Because of my son in-law being in the military and only a few months away from being posted from WA way across to VA, they had no choice but to sell off their Caravan which has held so many good times for them.  Because of this I thought I would grab a few of my favorite photos of my grandson on 2 of those camping trips they've had and put them into a mini book on a page.  This of course isn't intended to be put in an album because of the bulk, but rather, is being put into a shadow box frame.
On the page I have cut around Henry for effect on the title.  The front of the mini book is covered with Pan Pastels which have given the sunset affect, and then over that I used a Versamark sticky ink pad to be able to emboss the stamped image.  I used a fine detail black embossing powder.  Title and embellishment on the book cover have been raised with pop dots for effect as well.

The following pictures are from inside the book.  Firstly page 1 and 2.  Page 2 I have created a pocket to put the photo in and the orange paper behind it is also a pocket so another photo can be popped in there.  The page is actually a folder so inside it are the pictures 3 and 4 in the attached pictures enabling 4 pictures to be shown on this one small page.

The following pictures are inside pages 3 and 4, with page 3 having a pocket with a small piece of ribbon attached to pull out the picture which you can just see sitting inside the back pocket.  Pages 5 and 6 have only the one photo as I have reserved page 5 for journaling and the green paper which I have written on is also a pocket so more journaling can be placed in it.  Page 5 is also another folder so when opened out you can see 3 more photos on the 2 sides of the inside folder.
I hope you enjoy this, I know we always aim to have flat pages for practical reasons within our albums, but sometimes you need to make an off the page item, with my intention of this is to allow Henry access to it now as an interactive book.

2 comments: