Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Creative Gift Bag

It tis' the season to think about gift giving!  Every year my mom and I get together and make an enormous amount of Chex Party Mix to give to neighbors, friends, teachers and other people whom we want to give a little something to.  I like to find a way to give my little gift in a crafty and unique way each year.  So this year I have come up with my 'Paper Bag Christmas' idea.



I just LOVE how these turned out!  They are lunch sack size bag and I work at a convenient store so last year I purchased 250 of them for about $10 and use them all the time!  To make some of these for yourself here is what I did.

The bags measure 6 inches wide and the fold is 3 inches in length.  I selected a verity of Holiday paper and cut them in to 6x3 in pieces.  I then scalloped the bottom and inked the edges.


Next I used used a paper bag to punch out 3 scallops. I then used my tape runner and adhered all 3 layers.  Choose a middle, this can be a button, some bling or even a circle punched out of paper.

Once you add your center then take the top scallop and crinkle it up around the center piece.

Adhere the paper to the top of the bag and then add your flower on top.  Done!

Next you need to make a supper yummy holiday treat to put in your adorable bags and go brighten someones day with a thoughtful gift.

Also, think about how cute you could make these bags for birthday party favors, valentines day or even just have some made up on hand with your scraps for any gift giving occasion!


3 comments:

  1. that's a great idea!!! Thank you for sharing! I'll be doing my own to wrap my mini albums :-)
    & maybe for some yummy things too.
    Have a great advent time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [08 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable tutorial! Simple but so cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete