Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winner of Journaling Challenge!

Congrats to Darlene S. (aka - yadee87) who created this is AMAZING layout for the "thankful" journaling challenge! This is a beautiful example of a being thankful and documenting it!


I asked for more information on this page to learn the story behind it:
This layout was made for a very special day, my husbands homecoming from a nearly 12 month deployment! I was so thankful to have him back and I thank God he, and all the people in his unit, came home safe!

I used about 7 patterned papers and used up a few flowers and other embellishments from my stash. I like to keep my colors down to 1 or 2 main and 1 accent, here the main colors were green and tan, and the small touches of white embellishment bring it more together. I distressed all of my edges with my nails(!) and mini inks.

I inked and sanded the letters in the title and I thought the effect the lace behind the title made it stand out so much more, and added so much more interest.

Here is her gallery at sb.com! thanks for everyone who made pages for the challenge!

I will be announcing a new contest in a week or so, so stay tuned!!!

2 comments: