Monday, December 28, 2009

Creating Your Own Die Cut Paper!

I am always looking for ways to save money! I decided to make my own die cut paper for this page below titled " I Love You". I also put pop dots underneath the hearts to make them stand out more. I think it's a great way to great way to get that "die cut" look to your paper without spending too much money!


There are two ways you can achieve this look! The first way is described below:

1. Print out heart image to about 2" by 2".


2. I used double sided Bo Bunny double dot paper. You are going to way to trace and cut on the wrong side, so I chose the non-dot side to trace my hearts onto. Make sure that they are touching each other on all sides like this.


2. After you have traced all of your hearts, cut out the hearts using scissors for the outside and craft knife for the inside.


3. When you are done, flip your paper over and ink the edges that may have not been cut right. I used just a tiny bit of red ink for my edges.



____________________________________________________________________

The other way to create this look is to use this template. Digital scrapbookers can use this template to create the die cut looks using clipping masks. People with that special die cut Cricut cartridge can turn this template into a font and cut their own paper!

Print this template, trace and cut out the image!

Here is the digital template in layers!!
http://www.4shared.com/file/185506861/18ab8886/pc_heartdiecut_template.html


Try working with different shapes such as stars, circles, anything else you think of! Send me an image if you use this technique! :)

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea!!! Definitely gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool Pammy! I can't imagine how long it took you to cut that out, but it was totally worth it! I LOVE how your layout turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific Tutorial Pam!! Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas!

    ~Gabi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pam for this wonderful download. I can't wait to try it for Valentine pictures this year.

    ReplyDelete